The results of the HMRC Third Sector Grant Funding Programme for 2010-11 : VCS
In 2010-11 HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) distributed £2 million funding across 33 Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) organisations to provide support to HMRC customers who need extra help with understanding their entitlements and tax responsibilities.
• Additional tax liability declarations up 68 per cent on 2009-10 to £16.8 million.
• An additional £48.7 million of claims being made in respect of tax credits, benefits and tax repayments – an increase of 70 per cent on 2009-10.
• Over 4,000 newly trained VCS advisers having the capability to support HMRC customers.
• The increased numbers of VCS advisers now have the capacity to support an additional 220,000 customers per year on HMRC related issues.
• Customer satisfaction levels up 5 per cent on 2009-10 to 90 per cent resulting in increased customer understanding of rights and responsibilities.
For the period 2011-12 to 2014-15, HMRC has launched a £2 million per annum multi-year Grant Funding Programme and has agreed to fund 17 projects across the country that are supporting HMRC customers and building the capacity of the VCS.
For Payroll Services please visit Payroll Services, Payroll Service, Payroll UK, Payroll Solutions, Payroll Outsourcing, Payroll Management